Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

I made the kids get dressed in their Christmas finest on the 16th.  Knowing our family as a I do this was the only Sunday that they were worn.  Everyone decided to get sick and only Tyson, Taylor, and I were well enough to go to church on the 23rd.
Aren't they darling? I know I am a little biased but they really do clean up nice :)
Christmas Eve we put on the traditional new pj's. Thank you Grandma DeMille!  She always finds the CUTEST pj's out there. The kids love them!
Almost as much as they love making crazy faces.
Here is the tree and living room with "It's a Wonderful Life" on in the background.  I don't think I have ever sat down and watched it and now I don't think I ever will.  Why is there so much shouting in that show? Everyone was screaming all the time, I had to turn it off, it kept waking up the baby while Jason and I were trying our hardest to put presents out as quietly as we could.
The living room before the madness.  This year I was really restrained from the huge purchases I usually do.  Before the job problems came along I was all set to black friday shop for amazing ride on toys.  I always wanted one as a kid and was so excited to see the kids faces Christmas morning when they come downstairs and have their own mini cars and jeeps.  Jason and I decided they would be a waste of money anyway and that we should save up for real ride on bikes like ATV's since we live with deserts all around us.
Tyson was up at 5:30am and woke everyone up.
Taylor waited patiently until we got everyone to the living room.
 Hayden was really into unwrapping presents this year.  I love when they finally get it.
 Tyson asked for the 4 headed dragon from ninjago and was so excited to get it. Sad side note, I bought it after Thanksgiving at Walmart with an awesome coupon. It was the last one in the store and had a weird hole in it. I didn't think much about it and was so excited to get it at a good price. Well Christmas morning the boy goes to put it together and it is missing bag 1 and 7. So sad! We have now been to Target and Walmart and both stores are out of it. Toys R Us has it for $70 more than I paid for it. So sad :(
 He did get the green ninja, a ninjago watch, and the ninjago samurai set so he still got to put legos together the rest of the day.
 We have outlawed make up in our house but I couldn't resist getting this chapstick set.  It was on a major sale and she loved them.
 Ryan got a gloworm from our good friends the Mays.  It was such a thoughtful gift and she was amazed at the light up face.  Too funny!
 Hayden loved her princess stroller.
 She gave Dad a huge and spontaneous hug.  She is our most affectionate child and it always surprises us how cute she is.
 The aftermath, my favorite is finding unwrapped presents under all the garbage and toys hours later while trying to clean up.  Tyson's highlights were, legos, rollerblades, and a life size set of bowling pins and ball.  Taylor loved her chapsticks, rollerblades, earrings, and Aurora barbie doll.  Hayden's favorite things were her new pinkalicious roller skates, baby stroller, and real purse.  Ryan got a talking Minnie Mouse, Gloworm and new clothes.  Jason got a new chair for his computer and his favorite Tommy cologne.  I got the fanciest sweater jacket (if you see me in it, please still talk to me even though I will be very fancy), the most amazing calendar hand crafted from Taylor, and a "Mom" necklace from Ty that is too precious to wear :)
 We got these fun suckers as stocking stuffers.  Isn't that hilarious?
 The kids had to try on the skates and roller blades.
 Being the genius I am I forgot to buy the kids any protective gear so this first attempt at skating was very dangerous and short lived.
 I think each one of them landed on their behinds at least once.
 Jason made his annual egg, sausage, and hash brown casserole breakfast which was super yummy.  Then we went to a movie after getting all cleaned up and dressed.  For dinner we had ham and potatoes where Tyson told us he hates ham.  (After Thanksgiving on the farm he has been very worried about eating meat )  Super fun day!  We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!
 

2 comments:

  1. sound like a fun day

    could you call the manufacture about the missing tools, they may just send you the missing parts

    sorry about Tyson and Ham, lucky he didn't see the cuter baby pig that was born the week after he left

    love you all
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get any too precious to wear gifts this year, however I did get a too precious to display in the house gift!

    Can you order another dragon from Wal-Mart.com and then exchange it? Maybe do site-to-store? Or are they out on-line too? That's crappy!

    I must see this fancy-pants jacket!

    And finally...I have never seen It's A Wonderful Life, and don't desire to. Especially now with your rousing recommendation.

    ReplyDelete