Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December happenings

This year we have decided to do service for others.  We have chosen 12 different acts of service and the other day we did our first.  The kids and I walked around our neighborhood cleaning up trash.  I don't know if my kids need to get out more or what but they loved it! 
 They would get so excited to find trash.  Tyson was awesome and did 75% of the clean up himself.

I really thought we would find a ton but I was really impressed with our neighborhood.
Tyson started practice for his flag football league.  He is loving it.  This was his first practice.
I love this picture, he was of course timid to begin with.
They ran little passing and catching drills.
Sorry for the blurry picture but this is the only one I got of him catching. 
They also did high knee drills and sideways gallops.  (I don't know the technical names)
Tyson did amazing!!  He has been begging to play football for forever.  He wanted to do tackle football but I am not ready for that.  I want him to actually know the rules of the game and how to play before worrying about tackles.  Plus, I know I would be that Mom who took the kid out for tackling her baby :)

2 comments:

  1. Football is not allowed in the Randall house...poor Eli!!!

    Its tough doing the random acts of kindness! We forget all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you invite me to Tysons first tackle football game. I would like to see you getting carried off the field.

    My kids (especially Sade) loved picking up trash last year. Who would have thunk it?

    ReplyDelete