Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fun Saturday

The other day we went to Floyd Lamb State Park after hearing so many wonderful things about it.  It was like stepping into the twilight zone.  My parents took my family there when I was little.  I think it was one of the last family outings we went on before their divorce.  It was trippy.  I had forgotten all about it and seeing all of those old buildings brought back weird memories.  I'm sure I got on Jason's nerves with all of my, "this is so weird" comments.
 Tyson is rarely with out his football these days.  As a side note, Tyson came down with this shirt combo all by himself and was so cute about it.  He really is self conscious about what he wears and likes to look "cool".  I am in for a fun ride with this kid!
 Ryan is such a trooper with us dragging her everywhere.  I guess you have to be, being #4 and all.
 They had quite a few roaming peacocks and one very fat and annoying rooster that roamed the park.
 We did a little football kicking.  Taylor is the designated holder.  I'm pretty sure Tyson dubbed her this.
 The problem is she is a punk.  Right when he went to kick she pulled a move straight out of Charlie Brown and ruined Tyson's day.  Just look at her evil little smile!  Punk!
 Tyson was so upset he had to go and pout for 10 minutes.  This didn't stop the action though.
 We laughed and laughed at this gazebo.  It honestly looks like someone made it for children and didn't make it all that well.  It is featured on the list of "attractions" to visit while at the park.
 We turned a corner to see the water and all of a sudden it was like feeding time at the pond.  The geese and ducks came running and totally freaked us out. 
 We got out of there ASAP, but Hayden had to run up and yell at the ducks one last time.  Her little fists crack me up, she is so fearless.  I wish I could get in this girl's head, I bet she really thought that if they yelled back at her she was going to hit them.  She is such a nut!
 Then we went to the strip and saw the Bellagio.  Hayden was Amazed!

They have the coolest things to see in their garden, this bear is totally made out of flowers!  Here was Tyson's and Taylor's conversation: Taylor, "Wow, this is cool!"  Tyson, "This is beyond cool, it is awesome!"
After seeing the garden we went outside to see the water show.

Super fun day.  We thought we were a pretty active family but I guess we need to start taking the kids out more.  They were totally amazed at all they saw. 

2 comments:

  1. I love all the things you do with your kids and for your kids. You are a super cool mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyson looks way cool! But the picture of him pouting is even cooler. But Taylor is the coolest for pulling that trick off.

    The geese and the gazebo both suck. (sorry about the language)

    I love the Bellagio and hope to be able to go this year if I can get my butt (language again!) in gear.

    ReplyDelete