Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 12x12 attempt

I was so excited that I remembered to do a 12x12 this month. I was so gung ho and then the day got away from me.  I only took 9 pictures the whole day but I figure 9 is better than none :)
 Frank the elf hid in the bathroom this morning. The kids were super bummed they couldn't find him and then Taylor had the genius idea to look in the bathroom.  I love that I am that super annoying person who even decorates the bathroom for holidays.  Just love it.  I even laugh to myself while decorating it.
 Frank the elf brought wipe away boards for the kids to play on.  Tyson likes to play tick tack toe with Taylor.  She thinks she knows what she is doing but he beats her every time.  Gotta love big brothers!
 Not too much breakfast eating happened this morning due to the elf's gifts.
 Ryan loves to sit and watch the kids at breakfast, it is the only way I get to eat my breakfast.  They are all busy at once and it has to be my favorite part of the morning.
 After dropping the carpool off at school and preschool.  Hayden got in her daily dose of Dora and had a snack.  You may think that I posed this child with a bowl of carrots to earn good Mom points but no, this girl is obsessed with fruits and vegetables.  I offered her a zinger and she choose frozen vegetables.  Just plain weird I tell you!
 After picking Taylor up from preschool we headed out to Costco for some major shopping.  I am HATING this Christmas shopping season!  If you saw a lady pushing this around wouldn't you be a little kind and sympathetic?  Not these shoppers, it seemed like everyone was going out of their way to block everywhere I was trying to go and if I had to maneuver around one more person trying to get a freaking snack I was going to lose it!  It is just awful out there!  Plus on the way into the store this old man tells me I have my hands full and it looks like I have another "one in the hanger".  Who says these things?  No dude, I have four kids and I have decided to keep 10 pounds from each of them just for fun, if it's any of your business.  I can't wait to be old and get to say crazy things to random strangers.  I guess that is one of the perks of getting old :)
 The rest of the day was a blur, hence the lack of pictures.  We did go to Tyson's school winter wonderland.  We stayed all of 20 minutes.  The kids made cards.
 Then they decorated cookies.
We did have snowcones which were really good.  We tried the winter wonderland snow cone made out of blue raspberry syrup, coconut flakes and sweetened condensed milk.  It sounded freaky but ended up being really great.  I think even though it wasn't a full 12x12 it does show a great glimpse into how some of our days speed on by.

4 comments:

  1. Bathroom decorating is obnoxious! J/K
    It is no fun playing tic-tac-toe at my house because both Megan and Jackson know how to beat the system, and Sadie doesn't concentrate so I am constantly nudging her to make a smart move.
    I was at Wal-Mart this week and everyone was in a bad mood! I purposely made eye contact and smiled at a few people and they just stared back at me with grinch like expression. I would be one of those people you had to get around for a snack. I was at Costco at lunchtime yesterday and made sure I tried each and every one. I loved it!
    What is wrong with that old man! One in the hanger! I get asked at least once a year if I'm pregnant and I overheard a lady get asked at our Christmas party if she was (she's not). People need to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Frank give gifts to the kids everyday?
    One in the hanger?? Who says crazy sayings like that! Rude though! Glad you joined in on the 12x12 fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sat down to read your post and remembered I forgot to move our elf last night. Thanks you saved me!! You need to move to the south. People are so nice here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellie,
    your a wonder women
    I don't know how you can do all you do

    Have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete