Monday, January 7, 2013

Flag Football

Tyson has started flag football!  He had his first game on Saturday.  His team is named the Angry Birds.
 I missed the game so these pictures were taken courtesy of Jason.  I can't wait to go next Saturday.  Jason said they had little huddles before each play so the coach could remind the kids of the plays and what they were suppose to be doing.
They had a quick practice before the game.  Tyson is trying so hard to catch and every now and then he gets one, it's awesome!
 He is getting so much more confidant every practice but I was glad that they finally got a game under their belt to see what it was like playing "for real".
 He always negotiates before a game so he worked me up to $1 for a caught pass, $5 for a touchdown, and $2 if he tried his hardest the whole game.  I see these negotiations as hilarious.  He will make a great lawyer some day.  If his football career doesn't pan out that is :)
 He made $2 off of this game :)
  His highlights of the game were hiking the ball and almost catching a pass.
 The coach was very happy with how the boys played and said that the other team has played together before and we are all pretty new so we held our own.
The final score was us: 2 touchdowns, them 3 touchdowns.  I asked Jason if they kept an official score and he said no just the parents did.  Every time I called Jason he couldn't talk long because he had to keep yelling at the boy.  Can't wait for my turn!! 

1 comment:

  1. From the pictures Tyson looks like he really enjoys it! I love the names on the back of the shirts. I am hoping I can convince Jackson to play next season since now he actually understands the game!

    Will you please send me the sign-up link when you get it?

    ReplyDelete