Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Vacation Sunday

I am not a huge fan of Stake Conference.  I know blasphemy!  I call it vacation Sunday, it only happens twice a year so when it does come around I like to do fun things.  This year we started the morning off with a fun family bike ride and then decided to go to Mt. Charleston for lunch and a nice hike.
 Tyson is finally getting a little braver.  He walked along every fallen log he could find.

 Hayden of course will follow her brother anywhere so she had to be on the log too.  We didn't let her walk it like him but right after this picture she jumped off and luckily I caught her.  I should have known she was up to something, just look at that face!
 Tyson loved walking on the boulders.
 So of course Hayden had to do it too.  The problem is Hayden has no self preservation instinct and didn't care where her feet were going.  I got a huge shoulder work out from grabbing her hand and lifting her up right before she bit it.  Keeping this girl alive is a full time job!
Taylor had a rough time of hiking, she had crashed while racing her bike in the morning and I don't think she was feeling too good.  She had an all out tantrum because we wouldn't carry her jacket and asked her to wrap it around her waist.  You would have thought we were killing the girl by the amount of screaming.  When we got to our designated turn back stop Taylor had to go the bathroom and Jason had to deal with it because I was feeding the baby.  They both came back soaked and Taylor gladly put her jacket around her waist after that :) 
Tyson and his follower.  Gotta love these nuts!

2 comments:

  1. In a RARE fit of dedication, I got up Sunday morning, got ready, got the kids ready and made it Stake Conference for the 8:30 am session. I have no idea what came over me. Especially since Eric was sick, and did not go! I think I would dislike it a lot more if I didn't love to hear President Shields talk.

    Anyway....going to the bathroom (with girls!) in the wilderness is the worst! Poor Jason...And Taylor. I feel her pain.

    A family bike ride followed by a hike sounds like the perfect day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like a vacation Sunday to me since I do not have to sit with 5 kids alone--plus the meeting is much shorter! I love that your kids love to hike and have fun doing it. Except for that darn jacket! ;-)

    ReplyDelete