Monday, June 27, 2011

Legoland Day 3

Legoland day 3!
While we were there Legoland was having Star Wars days.  They had tons of people dressed as Star wars characters and a costume contest.  Legoland has just recently built Star Wars mini-land.  It was really cool but was lacking the death star which I thought was weird.


They have this fun play area with tons of slides and a little train to ride.
Hayden is a fearless crazy and only goes down slides head first.  She gets very angry with you if you try to help her.  She climbs up ladders herself and then grins really big while hurling down the slide.  I worry about this one!
On this ride you had to be 4 years old to ride which really stunk because Taylor loves horses and really wanted to go on it.  Tyson loved it, I really think Legoland is a bit wierd about their requirements with rides. 
I was the lucky one to go on this bouncing ride with the kids.
We loved this ride but of course Tyson hated it because things pretend fell down and it really freaked him out.
Tyson has a few Bionicle figurines but I thought they were freaky so when he broke one I gladly threw it away.  We have now rediscovered how fun they are and I regret the throwing away incident.  He has a birthday in a few months :)
He did talk us into getting him a lego set.  He got a Star Wars ship with a bunch of clone troopers and 2 jar jar binks.  He loved that there are so many figurines and actually put on a show with his lego people yesterday.  Should I be worried that the show involved many figurines losing their heads?
We left a little early and went to the Carlsbad beach.  Tyson was worried all day long about being eaten by a shark, stung by a jellyfish, pinched by a crab, or eaten by an octopus.  It got so bad that on the way to the beach I shouted, "Tyson, if you get bitten, pinched, or stung by any ocean animal I will buy you every single lego that has ever been made!" 
Jason of course managed to find the only crabs on the beach and catch them in one of our beach toys.  And of course several people left the beach because a fin was spotted in the distance!  I did not tell Tyson about the fin!!!
On the way home Tyson actually said, "Mom, I've learned my lesson about the beach."  Classic Tyson, freak out forever and then realize it's not half as bad as you were thinking!
Taylor was not a fan of the sand that got Everywhere.  This picture cracks me up :)
Hayden LOVED the sand.  She ate it, wore it, layed in it, used it as a hair product, in short; LOVED IT!  This girl is such a character, she really keeps us on our toes.
I have discovered that I love putting legos together!  They are like mini puzzles and I think they are so much fun.  Tyson usually puts together the people and leaves me the rest :)
On to day four...

1 comment:

  1. I could comment on so many things about this post, but will try and restrain myself. First, I am so happy to see your post about Legoland since we are hoping to go soon. Second, your comment to Tyson at the beach was hilarious. And third, I can't stand putting Lego's together. My brain just does not work that way.

    ReplyDelete