Tuesday, January 12, 2010

bad day blues

What a day, what a day! It all started last night is the problem. Many people think we are crazy because our children sleep with us and we CANNOT get them to sleep in their own beds. We have tried many, many things, but nothing has worked yet. So because they sleep with us, Jason and I rarely get a good nights sleep. Last night was the worst! Jason and I have put a futon mattress in our closet and a queen bed in Tyson's room and one of us usually end up in one of those beds because we have been kicked out of our own king sized bed by our crazy children. So last night was not much different then most, Taylor decided to pull half my hair out and sleep with her head right in my back, I took it for as long as I could until my hip fell asleep(which is happening much too often for my tastes lately). I got up at 11:30pm and slept in the closet. Tyson had a bad dream and came into the closet flipping out around 1am. He kept shouting, "I ate Taylor's bow tie and it's in my stomach!" What the heck you ask? Me too. I got him calmed down and he took over the futon mattress in the closet with me hanging on the edge for dear life. Every hour I was looking at the alarm clock to see if I could get up yet. I finally fell asleep around 4am, only to have Jason tell me at 4:30am that Taylor is awake and he has to get ready for work. I go over to our bed and lay down by Taylor, for some reason she decides to sit up at the same time I am adjusting the blanket and my thumb stabs her in the eye. It was a bad accident and now her right eye has broken blood vessels in it. I start bawling uncontrollably and Jason doesn't know what to do. I told him to go to work, we need all his days off for when the new baby comes. Taylor finally falls back to sleep around 5:30am and then my alarm goes off at 5:45am to get the guys up for work. In the middle of getting the guys ready for work Tyson has a panic attack because he woke up in the closet all by himself and wakes Taylor up too. So we started our day at 6:15am! Tyson is still insisting he ate Taylor's bow tie and has informed me that everyone has a bow tie in their stomachs. What the heck?
On our agenda for the day was the mechanic and a doctor's appointment. We were at the Toyota dealership for 2 and1/2 hours to get a stinkin' oil change. We had one last free oil change from purchasing a new car. I can't wait to go to Jiffy Lube next time! The kids passed out on the ride home and have two hours to sleep before my doctor appointment. For lunch they've had donuts, cookies and soda from the mechanic shop. I hope I can keep it together at the doctor's appointment but if one thing is wrong I just might take everyone out. I keep trying to be positive about these last few weeks of being pregnant but I honestly believe people are in cahoots to drive me insane. And I can't even say, well tomorrow will be better, because tomorrow I get to look forward to taking Mark in for a prostate biopsy! I thought I would start documenting these insane days I have so when they actually do admit me into the loony bin I can show proof that my craziness just didn't happen overnight, it was too many days full of insanity that drove me over the edge!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry!!! I so wish we lived closer so I could help you more! I don't know how you do it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness kellie!!!!!!!!! what a crappy day! i dont know how but you have got to get the kids out of your bed....STAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we lived closer too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is the definition of a bad day! I am sorry about your day. At least tomorrow is a new day and it can't get much worse, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post almost made me cry! What a terrible day. Jackson climbed into my bed last night because of a bad dream, but luckily I didn't suffer any ill effects. Mainly because Eric is out of town, so Jackson had an entire side to himself. I'm so sorry about your bad day.

    ReplyDelete