Monday, September 16, 2013

Thanksgiving Point

On Labor Day we were heading home from our niece's blessing and decided to finally go to Thanksgiving Point.  (Doesn't it always look like Darrell is a photo bomber?)
 They had this huge room with all of these hands on activities.  I think the kids could have stayed there all day.

 Taylor was so excited to make her own flying contraption.

 Hayden couldn't be left out of anything Taylor was doing :)

 This had to be the coolest thing ever!  A dinosaur body that the kids could actually make.  It had changeable heads, legs, arms and tails.  I'm going to try to talk Jason into helping me make one.  It can't be that hard right?  It would keep Tyson entertained for days!
 Whenever we go to these places I feel you have to get the whole experience so we shelled out for the 3D movie.  We saw the Mammoths of the ice age.  I was kind of bummed I wanted to see the T-rex movie but with limited time we had to go to the next one that was showing.  I am so glad we saw the Mammoth one! 
 This is Tyson during the preview of the T-rex show!!!
We ended with this fun dirt and water display.  We saved it for last after reading Suzie's blog.  Thanks Suzie!


 By the time we left Ryan was over not being allowed to touch all of the displays.
 And I was more than done with our crazy quick trip.
It's fun to be spontaneous but it sure takes a toll :)

6 comments:

  1. I love that museum and I love going to temple square. One of the benefits of living close to Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I finally figured out how to comment on your blog!!! I am so lame. woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take a toll!

    You are a good woman to shell out the money for the movie. I am way too cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so fun! That is definitely a fun place to go. I didn't even realize there was a movie, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that museum! you know the part at the beginning where you walk in the dark- craig TERRIFIED riley and he refused to go through that part for a couple of years. never seen the movie- is that new?

    ReplyDelete