Monday, September 16, 2013

Quick trip to Utah

A couple of weeks ago Tyson and I came home from football practice on Friday night and told Jason that they had cancelled practice for the next day.  Jason then tells me, "Well I guess we could go up to our newest nieces blessing", that was happening the next day!  We got a hotel super quick and started packing.
 
 These are pictures after the blessing and hanging out with family and friends.  The kids think poor Grandpa is a jungle gym.

 Tyson hung out with all the "cool" kids.
We, of course, got an IKEA trip in.  Isn't this an adorable chair Ryan is modeling?
 I found my next chair.  It was so comfortable.  I make this face the entire time I am at IKEA.  They watch my kids for free and I get to buy whatever I want.  (Thank you Jason!)
 What I bought was this!!  Isn't it genius?!?  It is a shoe holder!  You would be amazed at the amount of shoes it can hold.  No more shoe bucket mess for us :)

 After IKEA we took a quick jaunt over to the temple.  The kids have never been and it was fun to show them.  Tyson couldn't get his mind around who lived in "the castle".
 The kids loved all of the different displays and it was fun to see the Book of Mormon displays.  After reading the Book of Mormon the kids act like they know everything.
 I've never done a session in the Salt Lake temple and thought this mini replica of all the rooms was amazing!
 After learning boring old history the kids were let loose outside.
 Our kids had so much fun on real grass but Jason was at the store at 3am finding allergy medicine for them.  That is why we live in the desert folks.



 Right before leaving we checked out the conference center.  The kids were so excited to tell us that they have seen this place on TV!  Hilarious :)
Super fun day!

3 comments:

  1. My kids have never been to Temple Square!

    When I read about Jason picking up medicine at 3 am I felt a great swell of sympathy. Horrendous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they told you they've seen the conference center on tv, lol! And now I need a shoe rack from IKEA, I've actually never been in that store. Next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you forgot the BEST part about the trip.... THE PIE! so glad we met you guys up there! and i want the pie again.

    ReplyDelete