Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Fair

We just went to the Clark County Fair in Logandale again.
 Hayden was not too excited about riding the horses but she put up with it OK.
 Taylor was in heaven, she could ride horses all day.
 Tyson is getting a little old and was getting bored with going in circles by the end.
 This was the first year Taylor tried the water balls.  She was pretty hesitant but still had fun.
 The kids loved watching this goat eat it's cage sign.  Ever since they went to Uncle Brandon's house they have been begging for a goat.  Now I can remind them that goats eat everything and we can't get one.
 Tyson is such a nut in these water balls.
 Hayden learned the song "Popcorn Popping" and now has to smell everything, so here she is smelling the toy pig we got her while watching the pig races.
 The kids are always fascinated with the Mommy pig and her babies.  They also beg for mini pigs after visiting Uncle Brandon.  To deal with those whinings I drive them past the pig farm with the window open and they stop begging for pigs :)
 We watched the pig races and then went over to mutton bustin.  Tyson has been asking to enter this event for 2 years.  Even after seeing all these kids wiping out he wants to still do it. 
 This is where mutton bustin went horribly wrong, Taylor had been being difficult and I swatted her on the butt and told her to knock it off.  She actually went to the gate turned around and attacked!  (Note her little fist) Needless to say there were some more swats on the butt and time out time.  I'd like to go on a quick rant here:  What the heck is wrong with children today?  If I ever dreamed of hitting my parents I would be way too scared to do it!  I would have gotten the beating of my life if I had acted how my children do.  I feel I am a rather strict parent, I do believe in spanking, maybe I should step it up a bit and invest in a cattle prong.  It seems to work with live stock!
After the incident at mutton bustin I was done and refused to do one more thing for the terrible T's.  (By this time Tyson was also throwing fits because we weren't buying him everything he wanted)  Hayden and I got our Texas Twister drinks and played in the area for toddlers.  We ate dinner and then the kids were told we would never be coming to the fair again!  Why can't my children be decent?  Goodbye Clark County Fair, it's been fun.

1 comment:

  1. When I heard about the fair this year I wondered if you would be going. Impressive! We missed it once again.

    Sadie has been mean to me lately. I don't like it one bit!

    ReplyDelete