Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Happy Easter!!!!
We have had a very busy Easter.  We helped a lady in our ward stuff over 800 Easter eggs so we were invited to her community's Easter egg hunt and boy did  the kids make out!
Their little baskets were filled to over flowing and they had a great time.
This is the best shot we got of all three of them looking at the camera.  I am extremely prejudiced but I think they are darling :)
I had to throw in a couple of the poses that didn't make the cut.  The tantrums...
...and of course the crazy faces.
We also went to our old ward's Easter party.  They had a real petting zoo with horse rides!!
They also had egg coloring which is always fun :)
Tyson is such a good big brother and rode with his baby sister.
Taylor, our little cow girl.
Our ward had a picnic at the ball fields with an egg hunt.  Hayden loved finding the eggs but really wanted to find out what was in each one before she would go after another.
Tyson's older group were let loose and it was a frantic chase to get the eggs.
This year the baskets were not too big, they got two toys and then Easter items and of course candy.  I also cut back on the eggs to hide after the kids got bored last year and kept whining to be done.
The kids woke up, immediately found their baskets that were hidden under the stairs, dumped them out and were on the search for more eggs.
I love that they couldn't be bothered to change or even brush their hair, they were just too excited.  Hope everyone had a great Easter! (I am so glad to be done with holidays until after the baby comes) (Someone asked me if I celebrate Cinco de Mayo and I almost shouted at them, I feel I am making excellent progress on making the holidays fun for the kids but I draw the line at other countries holidays!!!  Sorry Mexico.)

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE Taylor's face for the tantrum pic- so cute! don't you love how the older they get, the more fun it is?! We so should have a cinco de mayo party- i bet they have tons of ideas on pinterest. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some gorgeous dresses! I am kind of in love with with the picture of Taylor throwing a fit.

    Who in the world (I wanted to swear but contained mysefl), would ask you if you were going to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!

    Also, I have noticed that occassionally when I comment on your blog it posts my comment like 4 times. I have no idea why it does this, and I promise you I am not obsessively hitting the comment button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make quesadillas for lunch and say Ole! That should do it!
    I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of my kids in their church clothes! Steve even suggested it and I said...Nah, thats ok! WHAT?!!? So unlike me!

    ReplyDelete