Friday, July 9, 2010

museum trip

We went to the Leid Children's Discovery Museum on Wednesday and had a ton of fun! Half of Tyson's pictures are blurry. The boy was in heaven running all over to see all of the things he was allowed to play with.
Taylor is the happiest pilot I've ever seen.
I have to brag a little, please bear with me. This is the GREATEST BABY EVER! She patiently sat in her stroller and watched the crazy kids. She sat through a chemistry experiment where they blew things up and even took a little nap afterwards.
I didn't feed her once while we were there and she waited patiently to eat until we got home.
It's just amazing to see how nice a baby can be after living through Tyson :)
Taylor was a good baby too, don't get me wrong. Hayden is just so pleasant.
Taylor will walk up to strangers and hold their hands. This worker was putting bubbles all around her and she just stood there and let her. Such a silly girl.
My kids love to paint so it was nice that they were offering a little watercolor painting craft.
This is Tyson's best bud. They love to hang out and play. I think this picture captures their relationship perfectly. Tyson goes with the flow and his friend needs things in order, they compliment each other perfectly.
After the initial hiccup they got down to business.
This is a string less harp. You make music just by running your hands over the air holes.
This had to be one of Tyson's favorite exhibits. You pull down the sting and then let go and a tennis ball shoots up in the sky and is caught by a big net.
These are pulley chairs, the kids loved.
Taylor at the top of the pulley.

Listening to the speed of sound.
I am so glad that Tyson and his bud are OK with Taylor trailing their every move.
They had this whole area about food which was informative and depressing at the same time :)
The funniest exhibit had to be the green screen. On this one they are soccer goalies and tons of balls are being kicked at them. Hilarious!

Don't you wish babies could speak sometimes? Doesn't she look like she wants to say, "Really Mom? Are we done yet?

3 comments:

  1. Did you go by yourself with all those kids?! That place scares me- but in my defense- Austin was lost at church like the week before we went (when we went) so I have been a little paranoid about him leaving my sight- that was over a year away and I still won't go there by myself!

    You do know why Hayden is so great- don't you???? So you will think the next one will be just as easy..... it's the tricky baby..... you should have another...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I have not been for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the coolest place ever!! The kids looked like they had a blast and Hayden is such a cutie

    ReplyDelete