Wednesday, July 7, 2010

the 4th

Happy 4th of July! We had a fun little holiday. Grandma and Grandpa sent a fun package with new clothes for the kids. Aren't they the cutest little devils you've ever seen? Tyson is covering Hayden's cute onesie but it says "Mommy's little firecracker". Too cute, thanks Grandma and Grandpa :)

I ordered these cookies from bountiful baskets. They came with the frosting and pre-made cookies (they even had directions on how to frost, in case I was an idiot, which I did read because I thought well maybe I am an idiot and have been frosting wrong all these years) They were a ton of fun and the kids loved them. Tyson did really well frosting the cookies, Taylor is licking the table.
He's only 4 but he's had years of frosting practice. He did it all by himself!
Here they are with the finished product.
Hayden oversaw the affair with her cute little self. Tyson informed me this morning that Hayden is sure getting big. I can't believe she's 5 months already. She is such a fun baby!
On Saturday we went to the park by our house. They were having a big concert, booths, and rides. We got there around 5:30pm and they were doing fireworks at 9:30pm.

We lasted til 7pm and then went home. Jason took the kids to see the fireworks in the van and they enjoyed them. We did fireworks on Sunday but mostly watched all the neighbors and their illegal fireworks. These people must have taken a second out on their homes to pay for these fireworks. It went on for hours! I hope every one had a fun holiday :)

4 comments:

  1. First: I love Patriotic 4th of July clothing! Yeah for Grandma's and Grandpa's.
    Second: We bought quite a few fireworks, but as I watching my neighbors shooting off their HUGE, MAJOR fireworks all I could think about was how much money they must have spent!
    Third: Your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I too had all these plans for the 4th and was too sick instead- my poor kids actually liked the fireworks this year too! I was sad!

    Cannot believe Hayden is 5 months- going too quickly!!! She'll be all over before you know it!

    On a side note: You are so right about the shelf/table behind your couch- love all the pictures that show behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thought the same thing about the instructions for the sugar cookies...duh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the 4th of July outfits- Grandma and Grandpa DeMille are the BEST. We had fun with our outfits too. looked like a really fun time.

    ReplyDelete