Monday, July 12, 2010

meltdown

Growing up we had rabbits. One time a rabbit got out of it's cage and we thought it ran away. Well it didn't get far. It died in the backyard under a bunch of old wood. A few weeks later we found the bones and stuff of our rabbit and I will never forget the smell of decomp(that's CSI lingo). I've only found one other smell like decomp: grown man urine. We've been having a rough patch with the guys, Mark in particular. I have tried to save the carpet but Saturday I was at my end. Jason went to help someone move and this is the scene he came home to.I have to give a shout out to my long suffering, patient husband. He walked in the door said, "OK" and got to work. It took all day but we got every smell of urine out of the house. I also have to thank our GREAT staff Kristin. She helps out with the guys a ton and when she came on shift she just dove right in and helped.
I asked Tyson if it was hard having a crazy mother and he said no, so I guess he's used to it.
We are just having concrete for a while until we figure out what we want to do. My freak out didn't plan that far ahead :) *Side note* These pictures are courtesy of Jason. He quote unquote, "knew I would like to document my meltdown".

5 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it Kellie! That is not an ok thing to deal with. You are a brave brave woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. I also don't know how you do it. I'm excited to have you as my new visiting teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for ripping up the carpet!!! Wasn't it GREAT for expressing your emotions?! ;)

    Can't wait to see how it turns out- wood.... tile.....paint the concrete...... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason is a good man! I can't even imagine what Ben would say if he came home to ripped up carpet (not that you haven't given Jason a lot of warning on this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kellie! How awful. I would have ripped up the carpet too. I love Jason's reaction. What a good guy.

    ReplyDelete