Tuesday, December 15, 2009

our week

We finally got this boy a tree! It is amazing how much a 4 year old can whine! He decorated it and it has made him so happy. Now the daily whine is about Christmas. "Is it Christmas yet, when's Christmas?" Side note: Has anyone seen this game Pop the Pig? If Tyson is not whining about Christmas he is talking about how my stomach is going to pop open just like this game. I am VERY disturbed by this game and may send a letter to the makers of it! Taylor is getting too big for her own britches! We had all the kids over for preschool last week and Taylor had to be right in the middle of the mix. Here all the kids are painting Christmas ornaments and Taylor is painting everything, including the table :) She was happy painting, she just pulls the angry eyebrows out every time I try to take a picture. Taylor can pull herself up onto all the chairs and piano bench now. Nothing is safe!
Yesterday Tyson's preschool class went on a field trip to Anderson Dairy. It was fun but the tour was a little weird. They would walk you down a hallway to show you all the machines and then at the end of the hallway the lady would say, "Now turn around so we can go down the other hallway." I was worried a little kid would get trampled or something, it was odd.

The best part was the free samples of ice cream at the end!
They also have all of these puppet animals that talk and tell stories (like the ones at Chuck E Cheese). Tyson is still worried about this mouse that is being chased by a cat. Of all the things he saw that's what he remembers! My son, what a nut!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I keep using Christmas for my bribery- when Riley starts acting up, I tell him we will take it all down...I am a mean mom- love this time of year- so much to do! I have never heard of Pop the Pig..... sounds disturbing...
    I have never been on the tour at the Dairy but have heard a lot about it- lucky Tyson to go on the field trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the cutest thing for a stocking hanging thing and thought of you for 2 reasons:
    a- you don't have a fireplace
    2- you have the machine for it! ;)
    Remind me to tell you when I talk to you next- you know how shot my memory is- if I didn't write this now, I would forget and you more than likely don't want me calling you right now at 11:47.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are always going on such fun field trips! I am so impressed. I am also impressed you are painting with all those 3 year olds. I am not that brave. As always, I love seeing those "angry eyebrows."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was suppose to go with Eli to Anderson Dairy but I thought...who am I kidding? Oliver is going to be a night mare there and I heard it was crazy packed!

    ReplyDelete