Friday, December 18, 2009

offensive language

I have to admit I am a swearer.
I once heard that swearing is the attempt of a feeble mind to express itself forcefully. I admit my mind is feeble and getting worse with each passing year. Jason thought once I had children it would help my potty mouth but it has only gotten worse. Not only is my mind feeble, it is also now sleep deprived. The reason I am telling all this is yesterday Tyson drops something on the floor and says, "Oh sh**!" (Sadly that is my go-to curse word.) I say, "Tyson, that is a bad word and we don't say bad words." He looks right at me and says ,"I didn't say a bad word I said oh sh**."
We sure reap what we sow huh?
I guess I have my New Years Resolution all ready to go!!

7 comments:

  1. You make me smile. Isn't that the way it happens sometimes thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve for the 1st time yesterday told Alexis to stop being a smart ass and she said..."don't call me a donkey!" I thought it was funny!
    I think my kids have heard the 'S' word once and that was when the fingernail polish remover incident happened! I use to have a BAD mouth in HS and college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a swearer. It can't be helped. Sports especially bring it out in me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!!! I have had that happen here once in a while too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too funny :-) Whenever I would hurt myself I would say, "Son of a" (I wouldn't finish it but still) and Tyler totally caught on to that so I had to even watch that. I feel your pain though.....I really want to swear....a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is scary how much our kids pick up from us. You can't get mad at Tyson when you get that phone call from the principals office for him calling his teacher those words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tyson's grandpa is a plumber, and that word is ok for plumbers to use, i'm not sure if it ok for plimbers grandson to use it?

    ReplyDelete