Monday, March 23, 2009

Our weekend

I can't believe my little girl is already 8 months old! Where has the time gone? I love all the little faces she makes, and her crazy hair that I can't do anything with. She is into everything and is now pulling herself up on the coffee table. Nothing is safe anymore.
Jason had the great idea to have a camp out in the loft. Tyson LOVED it.




Taylor doesn't know what to think of the tent.


We put the futon mattress in the tent and Tyson was in jumping heaven.



My Father-in-Law built us this awesome planter months ago and we finally decided to put it to use. I planted onions, strawberries, tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, and bell peppers.



The only problem was I of course forgot to water them all weekend. This is what I found today.




This is my almost completed patio. I broke my wedding ring (again), while I was laying the bricks. I thought this would be a pretty easy job but it has been a nightmare. I had the missionaries over to help. I had 4 elders here for 2 hours and they layed 9 bricks. The rest has been all me. The tough thing is getting the ground level and then positioning the bricks just right.




Tyson and I were outside and he was actually posing for the camera so I took advantage and took a few pictures of my cute guy.





It's been so windy here and the wind just recently let up, that's why Tyson and I were outside. There are homes that are empty foreclosures all over our neighborhood and we have three right to the east of us. It's sad to see, but the worst part is the sounds. The homes are empty and for some reason all the smoke detectors beep like crazy all day and all night. So Tyson and I could only stand about 20 minutes outside before coming in with headaches. Tonight Jason is going to be taking a trip over to the neighbors home and turning off their breakers, it's sad when a little boy can't play outside!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!! Thanks so much for doing it! I can see what your family is up to now! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is weird that the smoke detectors are beeping! I came home once to ALL of mine going off...shutting off the breaker still didn't do the trick. I had to pull out all the batteries-they are still battery-less which is a safe thing to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Kellie! Do you know how long I have been trying to hunt you down and find out what you're up to. Thanks for posting a comment on my blog so I could actually find you! I'm going to have to read through all this when I have a chance to sit down and get caught up! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute pictures. Love the garden!! That is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures, It looks like you guys had a fun and busy weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete