Tuesday, March 31, 2009

freecycle treasures

Taylor is the funniest girl. She is moving everywhere and into everything. The one thing she hasn't learned yet is how to roll over if she is on her back. So this is how I find her. She had been playing with toys and somehow landed on her back. She just shouts her little shout until I come over and sit her up again so she can play more. Here is Daddy and Taylor. They have the same face! Aren't they sweet?
We babysat for the cutest kids yesterday. This little boy is a couple of months older than Taylor. He taught her many bad things and made me realize how much I have to do to get our house baby proofed for Taylor.



I wish I had gotten a picture of Tyson and the little girl we babysat too. I was in the kitchen watching the babies and I hear Tyson say three times, "Hello, I love you!" He sure is starting young, huh?
So, you may or may not know about this great website called freecycle.org. Well it is my favorite. People who don't want their old stuff anymore post it on the site and if you'd like it you reply. Everything is totally free! So someone was getting rid of their old Halloween costumes and I love dressing my kids up so it was a match made in heaven. Here is Tyson in a power rangers costume.

Here is Tyson as Spiderman. We laughed our guts out, the "muscles" are very fluffy and look an awful lot like boobs. But Tyson was oblivious and had a great time slinging web with Mark.

Tyson loved being a turtle. It even has the shell and everything!

I thought I'd post other lovely things I've received totally free from freecycle. This hutch is my favorite.

This is our leather chair and the people even gave us the cleaning supplies for it.

The lady that gave us the costumes also gave us this light. Totally brand new, still in it's box and wrappings. She just couldn't use it so she passed it on. I am going to put it in my old house to update one of the bathrooms. If you get a chance check out freecycle.org. I am totally hooked. Do be warned I have gotten some mighty strange things as well. It's a crap shoot, but you can't beat free!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have done well! I wonder what people think of our posts about this. Do they think we are awesome or gross or lame? I think we are awesome! It's lame to spend tons of money on buying new stuff you could get for free haha! I picked up a carseat stroller combo last night, I already have one but it's pink, the one I got from freecycle is green so I am going to save it so if we have/get? a boy he wont have issues from riding in a pink stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up! So cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already have your answer about child proofing....just set her on her back and she won't get into anything!!! LOL
    Cute costumes; they are totally Tyson!

    ReplyDelete