Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 13 X13

We had a preschool party on the 13th and Suzie told me I didn't text and remind her about the 12th. Guess I am the one who needs a reminder.  She remembered and I totally forgot :)  We had our St. Patricks party for Mommy preschool. I was in charge of crafts and we made leprechaun beards to go with these fun hats I had.

 After all the fun at the party Hayden was pretty wiped out.  She has been fighting croup and allergies.
 Taylor and I made her Leprechaun trap.  It was a homework project and due the next day. The theory is that he will climb the ladder and reach for the coin and fall down the tall well and be trapped.
 After I got the girls off to school it was Mommy and Ryan time.  With the time change I have to keep her up an hour later and put her down around 1pm.  Daylight Savings is not a friend of mine.
 Ryan and I got down to serious laundry business.  Ryan is our only kid who will help with laundry. It is adorable.  She gets so excited to put clothes away and cries if I don't fold fast enough.
 After getting the beast down it was time to jump on the treadmill.  I was rudely interrupted only 20 minutes in by Darrell getting home way early.  His ride has a 2 hour window.  They are suppose to pick him up at 2pm and have until 4pm to bring him home.  So how were they calling me at 2:05pm freaking out that he was at the door?  Where is my 2 hour window? I'm just saying.
When Tyson got home I went through his backpack and found a story he had written.  It was absolutely horrible.  I couldn't understand half of it. It was not part of his homework but we had a whole blowout about the effort he is putting into his school work.  We marked the original draft up and I made him rewrite it as a final draft.  I am a mean Mom but I have to be right on top of this kid.  When he finally graduates high school I may go up and accept that diploma :)
 After having a blow out with Tyson I had to have a blow out with Taylor.  She is fighting learning her sight words so I made her write every one of the ones she got wrong 5 times each and say the word after writing it.  Jason wonders why I am ready to murder everyone when he comes home.  Exhibit A: Homework!!
 For dinner we had a Shadow Creek recipe chicken and stuffing and cheese all put together in a casserole.  A favorite with everyone.
 After the homework nightmares and dinner the kids played a bit outside.  Tyson and Ryan love each other.  I love that he is a good big brother.
 Hayden came home from school asleep on the bus. I carried her in the house and put her on the couch.  She slept through both homework meltdowns and dinner.  Here she is popping up from her nap after 6pm!  She felt worlds better and turned a corner with her sickness.  A 3 hour nap on the couch worked wonders for her.
 Jason walked in the door from work and I ran out the door with Tyson for his first baseball game of the season.  We are the Red Sox and we played the White Sox.  Tyson thought it was hilarious.  They won 4 to 2 and it was super fun.
Tyson talked me into Dairy Queen after the game.  It was not a tough sell :)  Long, long, long day.  We walked in the door after 9:30pm and went straight to bed!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable picture of you and Ryan on the couch.
    Such a cute trap! I found out about it the day before it was due! It was stressful.
    Jackson likes to write stories but uses absolutely no punctuation or capitalization! I can't understand most of it, and always have to have him rewrite it, so I feel your pain!
    I was just thinking about making chicken stuffing casserole for dinner tonight. I think the one in the cookbook may be a different recipe than I have. You have inspired me to try the one you did.
    I totally missed the deadline for baseball sign up and am SO MAD AT MYSELF. Good job Tyson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cute beards!!! love it! i am so happy we have yet to do the leprechaun traps, everyone i know is in rage over them! the chicken and stuffing is one of my favorites too- so glad i got one of those cookbooks. ;) ahhhh baseball. so jealous of the tan you will be getting this year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next month I am texting you if I remember. ;)

    ReplyDelete