Thursday, February 16, 2012

Disneyland

This year we decided to go to Disneyland on Superbowl Sunday.  Genius, right?  Not so much.  The place was crazy busy and everyone was just walking around with their iphones following the game.  Here is the crew minus Jason : )
 We were waiting for the Phineas and Ferb show.  Hayden loved the music and was dancing up a storm on my shoulders.
 Taylor loved meeting the characters this year and loved getting her autograph book signed.
 I love how Mr Incredible looks like he is about to knock her one.  She was being quite a brat by this time and had already freaked out on quite a few rides.  Hayden was having none of this character.
 Disneyland suckers make everyone happy!
 I decided to be all cute this year and made the kids matching shirts.  I try :)  The girls shirts say fairy princess and Tyson's says little monster.
 This was our first ride:Pirates.  Taylor cried the whole time, Tyson was in heaven, and Hayden did this weird going completely stiff thing when the boat went down the dips.  Darrell was Darrell, gotta love the face.
 Taylor was quite put out that these two messed up her hair.  *Side Note* Taylor and I are locked in a fierce daily battle over her hair.  As you can see this day I won and there was no pony tail.  Why does a 3 year old care what their loving and wonderful mother wants to do with her hair?  Does she think I am going to make her look like a crazy?  This hairdo caused 1/2 an hour of tears and many threats of taking a pair of scissors to her head.  I tell her if she won't do her hair nicely then we are gonna cut it off!

 Taylor was deathly afraid to go up on Tarzan's tree house, as you can see Hayden has no such fears!
 So instead of going up there she tried to climb the rocks and gave me this lovely face.
 About half way through the day Hayden started clapping when she would get afraid on rides meaning that she wants them to be over.  Hilarious!!
 We loved the new Little Mermaid ride and went on it every day we were there.  Taylor announced at the end of the day that it was the only part of the day she liked.
It's so funny what problems you are going to find that you haven't even thought about.  We were so excited to finally not have to take Mark to the bathroom every 5 minutes only to find that Taylor had to go to the bathroom every 2 minutes!  We walked from the hotel to the park and while we saved a few bucks it really sucked.  We wanted to get a leash for Hayden but then realised we should have gotten one for Darrell.  Our first day we were so loaded with lunch, catheter supplies, coats, and drinks that when we had finally walked into the park we realised we didn't bring one diaper or any wipes!  Jason had a great time finding the one store that sold diapers for $1 each!  We decided to use free toilet paper after shelling out $4 for 4 diapers!  If I were a smart woman I  would open a cart at Disneyland selling normal things: diapers, wipes, CHAPSTICK!  I went to every store and not one sold chapstick.  I finally went to the last store by the Tower of Terror and found one tube of chapstick for $5! I'm telling you there is a fortune to be made in just selling the basics at Disneyland!!  On to fun filled day 2...

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand the hair drama! I don't know if they think I"m going to make them look awful. When in reality I just want them to look nice in cute. All they want is for it to be down, when it looks wild and crazy! The never ending battle. Your not a lone. I think it's a brilliant idea to sell the basics there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always an adventure with children! makes me want to go again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls have always HATED having their hair done! I have given up on Megans, but I still force Sadie occassionally. But more often than not she wins, and looks like she just rolled out of bed. Have I mentioned she yells EVERY TIME I comb her hair?

    Anyway, good job on the shirts! I can't wait to go to Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete