Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas fun

Christmas pictures are always a holiday tradition for our family.  Never fun and always ends with cursing (usually by me)  This year I believe I finally broke down and was yelling I don't want any of you in a picture!!  Here I am yelling at Jason because he is smiling at the camera even though you can clearly see the kids are crazy.
 We even tried to do a "silly" picture and we couldn't even get that right!
 Taylor needed to burst out of her spot right before the timer went off.
 Next year if you only get a card with no picture you will know I finally gave up :)
 We are "real" tree people.  I have no problem with fake trees, I have no problem with real trees.  I'm just putting it out there that we have decided the best thing for our family is real trees.  It's a personal preference, please keep your "tree murderer" comments to yourself. 
 We love going to the lot and picking just the right tree.  We have to inspect it from every angle!
 Taylor also had a Christmas party with her preschool class.  They decorated gingerbread houses.
 Isn't she darling with her Santa earrings?
 The kids also made reindeer candy canes.  Our little parties are always so much fun and we are having the best time with Taylor's preschool.
 Tyson had a school Christmas program.  We really love his school and are having a lot of fun with all of their fun activities.
 Tyson is usually pretty shy but after going to Mrs Aubrey's preschool last year he was all ready for his kindergarten program :)
 We got cookies from our favorite Bountiful Baskets.  The kids are becoming quite the little professional cookie decoraters!


3 comments:

  1. we are real tree people as well. My argument (if people bring it up) is that it is really the only eco option, they can be recycled and don't require plastic which comes from fossil fuel sludge. where does one throw their broken fake trees? Besides, it's their Christmas destiny. How sad it would be if they grew up on a tree farm, never to see christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say every year I want to send out family Christmas cards.... one of these years I might actually do it. ;)
    LOVE that you posted all the attempts to get a family pic- those are priceless!
    I want a real tree.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was still a real tree person. But convenience and lazyness has won out at my house.

    ReplyDelete