Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas is always a little crazy around our house but this year it was double the fun because Taylor got admitted to the hospital on Christmas Eve for pneumonia.  Her asthma was flaring up and we were doing breathing treatments at home but nothing seemed to be working so Jason took her to the Quick Care and they said she was so sick that she had to take an ambulance to the hospital.  I ran down there with a brother from our ward and they gave her a blessing before her ambulance ride.  They let me hold her in the ambulance so she wasn't very afraid and they didn't have the sirens blaring so that was nice.  She was so exhausted from having an IV put in her hand at the Quick Care that she slept the whole ride.  When we got to the hospital they could not get her oxygen levels to stay up so they said she had to stay overnight.  Jason came home to do the Christmas Eve things with the family and I stayed overnight with Taylor (one of the longest nights ever!)  We shared our room with a brand new baby who had to have surgery in the morning and was not allowed to eat.  Awful night!!  The only good thing about spending Christmas in the hospital was in the morning the hospital staff brought Taylor the hugest bag of presents you've ever seen!  She was in heaven, she was so worried about Santa finding her in the hospital, it was really cute.
 I always go a little over board with the Christmas presents and this year was no exception.  I had been buying presents all year and had them all wrapped in August when the kids went to visit Grandma and Grandpa.  Next year I am seriously considering the 3 gift limit.  It's sad when kids get bored of opening presents!
 I found this lego police space ship for Tyson, he loved it!
 Hayden loved her new baby dolls and Taylor's unicorn pillow pet, she will have nothing to do with the pillow pet we bought her.  What's wrong with lady bugs, I ask you?
 Mark gets a little too excited on Christmas and has to open every gift as soon as possible.
 Darrell on the other hand is as slow as a turtle and will start opening other people's presents and gets just as excited over the kids presents as his own.
 Have I mentioned how girly this girl is?  She loved all the nail polish, chapstick and hair bows she got.
 After opening presents Jason and I passed out while the kids trashed the house with their new presents.  Jason was running on 3 hours of sleep and I was running on maybe an hour.
After we got up and threw something together for Christmas dinner I helped Tyson put together his space ship.  6 bags of legos and 3 books!  It was a monster but well worth it, just look at that face!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- you always say you go overboard with Christmas presents, but seeing the picture is another thing- how long did it take you all to open?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY COW KELLIE!!!! You buy way too much for Christmas!!!!! I don't know how you can have all that crap in your house...I hate, hate, hate toys all through the house and cluttering up their rooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Taylor! How sad.

    Kellie, I for one completely understand going overboard for Christmas. I too buy presents all year long, and I LOVE IT! I will never change.

    ReplyDelete