Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ty and Hayd

Our lives have been taken over by BASEBALL!  I am not complaining I am just stating a matter of fact.  We have 2 games a week until October and the games are long: 1 and 1/2 hours!  That doesn't include warm ups, prepping the field and all the end of game stuff.  If I say we have baseball, I mean WE HAVE BASEBALL!  It's a 3 hour commitment twice a week.  I LOVE IT!!!!
I have been waiting for this little guy to be this old for 4 years! 
The comedy at baseball is brought to us by 12 little boys having to wear cups for the first time.  Endless chuckles, I tell you!  I am the team Mom and they are constantly telling me their cup troubles.  I tell them to go tell their real Mom's about it.  My favorite was little Jayden telling me his won't stop going sideways.  I don't even want to know what is going on in there!
Tyson is getting better at batting.  The rules for their division are they get 6 pitches and if they don't hit they are out.  Pretty vicious, but this is real little league folks!  No pansies welcome!
The outfielding is still pretty rough.  I don't get to see much of the games, it's amazing how busy you are being the team Mom (I thought it was an honorary title, not so much a working title), but the parts I do see I am screaming at the poor boy.  On the first game people actually turned to see who the banshee was screaming at poor Tyson.
On a serious note, Monday was a pretty scary day.  We decided to go for a walk to the Smiths grocery store by our house.  Tyson rode his bike and we even brought the dang dog. (Big mistake)  Nickel kept getting her leash caught on everyone and as we were crossing a side street Tyson swerved out into oncoming traffic to avoid the dog leash and was almost hit by an oncoming car.  The car swerved and missed him, but we were all pretty shaken.  I just can't imagine my life without this special little boy.  I am so grateful Heavenly Father has given him to our family and am so thankful that he was protected and not hurt.  I think I aged a good ten years though!
Enough of the scary stuff!  The other day Jason and I went on a rare date to the movies and brought the popcorn back for the kids.  Tyson took it to the couch and immediately passed out.  What a nut!
Hayden is such a fun baby! She always has a smile on her face and is a go with the flow kind of girl!
Hayden discovered the amazingness that is snow cones on Saturday.  While watching Tyson's baseball game Jason decided to get 2 snow cones for the girls and see how they like them.  Hayden grabbed on and never let go :)
The only problem is for the last 3 days she has had freezer burn on her face!
I had to throw this last one in.  I just love this baby! 

6 comments:

  1. Be glad that you aren't into wrestling. Those tournaments are brutal ~ Like 8 hours on Saturdays brutal. I think Tyson looks super cute in his uniform. The cup stories made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness Tyson is ok! That is so scary. Baseball seems like quite the commitment. Good thing you love it. I am pretty sure I do not have it in me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I should bring Riley to come watch one of these Saturdays.... and to also get a snow cone-what is it about baseball games and snow cones that make them so good?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO scary!!!! I put a gentle leader on Tawny if I take her on a walk b/c she won't pull at all (it goes around her muzzle). Great idea on a snow cone for games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some adorable kids!! I hope I can be as excited as you are about all the sports stuff some day, I doubt it. Poor Hayden and the freezer burned face, that's a tough lesson for such a little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute!! Love the last photo too of Hayden, what a doll. Tyson is going to go far in baseball- he looks so great out there.

    ReplyDelete