Thursday, September 30, 2010

Disneyland

We went to Disneyland again this year!  It was so much better than last year.  We only went to Disneyland, last year we did Universal Studios, The San Diego Zoo, Sea World, AND Disneyland.  This year we did three days at Disneyland and it was much better.  We had the guys in their own room which was Heaven!  No sleep talking from Mark and no weird snoring from Darrell.  Now if only I could have put the kids in their own room, that would have been awesome.  Taylor is a wild child and actually fell off the bed while sleeping on the first night there.
Grandma and Grandpa DeMille were there too.  Thanks for all of your help!!
This year we discovered the wonderfulness that is Depends underwear!  The small world ride thanked us, since it didn't get peed on this year.  Jason was also much happier this year because he didn't have to spend all day in the bathroom.  Now I wonder if you are sitting there and thinking that we would leave this old man in his pee all day, the answer is: no.  Mark has a neurogenic bladder, and feels like he has to pee all day.  In reality he can go hours on end without going.  Wearing the depends helped him calm down and he never wet on himself once.  They are just there for back up in case.  Amazingly he was great on the trip, and we honestly didn't know who he was!
Isn't she the cutest thing ever?  This baby was SO good the whole trip and SO happy.  I thank my lucky stars every day for such a GREAT baby!
Tyson was over the moon happy the whole trip, he was tall enough to go on all the rides and was the super star of the trip because everyone wanted to take him on everything.  He really like the roller coasters but hated any ride that got him wet.
Taylor was hit or miss, what can you expect from a two year old?  She did not like rides in the dark and would curl up in a small ball on the ground.  I had to drag her out of the bottom of The Pirates of the Caribbean boat.  Good times :)
Hayden is majorly teething and this bottle of sunblock made several cameos on our trip.  It was her favorite thing to gnaw on.
Mark loves all the special attention he gets from all the workers and all the special accommodations just for him.
Before we went to Disneyland the Disney Store had a great sale on shirts and we all had brand new shirts to wear each day.  It was awesome!  Here are a couple of my favorites.
Taylor has turned into a little Mommy and wants to hold the baby all the time.  She also has to have her purse, shoes, chapstick, sunglasses, and babies with her at all times. Too cute!
Tyson really liked getting all the characters autograph's and taking pictures with them.  Who is this boy?  Last year he was deathly afraid of the characters and would freak out if they came near.
Taylor has no fear and was never afraid of the characters.

During the parade at California the Nemo guy came up to Hayden and she loved it!

Have I said how happy this baby is? 
Mark was over the moon to get a picture with Donald, he loves to talk like Donald Duck and thinks it's hilarious.  He also got a Donald hat and has worn it every day since we've been home.
We are hoping to make Disneyland our family's tradition.  This year was so much better than the last.  We are learning every year how to make things run smoother.  One thing we will never do again is go on a Saturday.  In one hour's time we saw 4 rides break while we were in line and even one while we were on it.  It was packed with people and hot as heck(for some reason California was in the middle of a freaky heat wave, 108 + Humidity!)  I can't wait til next year!!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a major success! Do you guys get to go in the front of the line with the guys? BONUS! Glad the Depends were a success! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am incredibly jealous at the moment, and am having a hard time being happy for you! Hopefully you know I am kidding (but not really about the being jealous part). It looks like you had so much fun. Where did you order your tickets from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip!!! So glad it went so much better than last year's trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun!! Your pictures are great and the kids are soo cute. Taylor and Naomi are right at the same stage with being a mommy. Really cute!! I’m so impressed with how great the kids are with the characters, Naomi is so afraid that she pretends like she is sleeping until it goes away. We call her possum ☺ Didn’t know that about mark, happy about the depends too. Wow, really fun trip. One yr we’ll have to go with you guys, way fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I love Disneyland! I loved looking at all of your magical pictures. I am so glad that you had a better time. Did Tyson like Tower of Terror? We just booked our Disneyland trip for January, I can hardly wait! That is crazy that you were Jennifer's roommate. It was her sister Bethany who gave us the ticket, but I know Jennifer. I am going to call her right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Brooke did call me and I have been looking over your blog today! How fun to see what a small world we live in! In looking over your 100 things about you, did you really hate every minute of your 3 semesters at BYU? What about playing volleyball? Didn't you enjoy that? I did! I tried to send you a wedding announcement back when I got married, but it was returned to me, and didn't know how to find you after that. But my hubby is from Cedar as well, so I will ask him if he knows your hubby- he is sleeping right now. So fun to find you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna go so bad!!!! I showed Riley the pics trying to get him to want to go- no luck! I should just take your kids with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe how big Taylor has gotten! She is such a little girl now. You are one brave women to go to Disney Land with essentially five kids! Looks like you had a blast though.

    ReplyDelete