Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our crazy month

Sorry it has taken so long to update our blog.  It seems like we never sat down once in the month of August.  We were busy, busy, busy.  Here are a few highlights of our month.  The kids are getting so big!Overnight Taylor has turned into a little lady and not so much a baby anymore.
Hayden is almost sitting up without support.  I really haven't been pushing her much to be independent.  I want to keep her a baby as long as possible :)This is our latest project: Taking out the tile.  I have had several people ask: WHY?!?  I say, why not?  I don't like it, I can't match it, and when I finally get the other flooring in it would look weird to have nice new flooring and then this old nasty tile.  Again Jason left one day and came home to me smashing the stuff with a sledge hammer.  I know, I know, he is a GREAT guy!  (But I think he should stop leaving me alone with all these demolition tools around!)
Tyson has started his first season of Official Little League!  This is Official people!  It's coach pitch and he was nervous at first but he is doing well.  He's not the best hitter yet, but he is the faster runner, which makes me laugh.  Isn't he the cutest?We went to the water park, always a favorite.We brought some friends and they encouraged (dragged) Ty and Taylor into the water.
Our most fun this month was we went to Cedar City and camped at Great Grandma DeMille's cabin!  The kids got there and immediately removed their shoes, which is funny because, that's what I did too :)  Man, I hate shoes!Jason bought a BB gun and was so excited to shot and teach the kids a little about guns.  I have been totally against guns for our entire marriage but he is wearing me down and I allowed a BB gun.  It went OK and now he wants a 22.  We are in negotiations...Tyson loves to mug for the camera.  What a ham!Doesn't she look so old all of a sudden?  She was so good camping and on the ride there.  My friend calls her our sucker baby.  She's going to sucker us into having another because she is so good!
We saw a ton of sheep driving up to the cabin and the kids were determined to see some more.  Taylor has been baaing at us ever since the trip.Tyson loved shooting and actually hit the bullseye. (with alot of help from Jason)
We even took the dang dog.  She was in heaven not being on a leash but didn't like the gun and would stand this close while you were trying to aim and then whine and dance around after you shot.  We thought she would like camping more but when we started loading up to go home she got in the van and wouldn't come out.  I guess we have a city dog on our hands!Me and Hayden did a lot of hanging out.  Don't you love camping fashions?
The fire was fun but I kept freaking out that one of the kids would fall in or we would start a forest fire.
Smores, need I say more?The cabin has two bedrooms and one big kitchen/ living room.  It was really fun to have somewhere to stay other than a tent!Tyson started his first day of preschool yesterday.  We are so excited for all the things Tyson is going to learn.  He is finally showing interest in writing letters and numbers.  For the longest time he would just throw a fit any time I tried to work with him.  Taylor really missed him and spent the 3 hours he was gone walking around asking, Ty Ty?Another big thing that happened this month was we were put into a new ward.  Our stake took bits out of 4 wards and made a brand new ward called Harmony Hills.  I am the primary secretary and Jason spoke the first week.  It's been pretty wild to start a ward from nothing and has been pretty busy.  I will try to not let so much time go again before updating!

6 comments:

  1. You are always the primary secretary! We really need to get together! Your kids are getting so big and they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just make me smile!!!! I'm glad to have the summer over too. August was insane it felt! I'm glad you guys had fun camping.... remember when we went forever ago... you were working on Jason trying to get some interest going there. :) I was working on Beau and gave up thinking he only wanted to be friends. I think we need to plan a campout together now that we both married them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to catch up on!!! Taylor does look so old all of a sudden! I love the fact that poor Jason comes home to a house half demolished! He must love you a lot to put up with that!
    Mrs Aubrey is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, she did grow up overnight! Good to hear you have had a fun month, I've been wondering what you all were up to! Congratulations on the new calling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you updated! I have been wondering what has been going on with you guys. Taylor's hair has gotten so long. She does look older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camping is the BEST!!!! Love the cold weather- but then coming home to the heat!

    ReplyDelete