Tuesday, March 16, 2010

terrible twos are here!

We are having a heck of a time with this little girl! I guess the terrible twos have come sooner than we thought they would. Yesterday we were somewhere with a wishing fountain, Taylor kept putting her hand in it and liking it. Now I am not one of those Mom's that are crazy about germs, I feel if the kids are going to get sick, they are going to get sick. But because we are in public, and because we don't know what is in the fountain water, I have to keep telling her no, don't drink nasty fountain water. Taylor gets so angry she balls up her fists and comes running with her fists held high over her head to hit me. I ask you, what the heck?!? When did kids start thinking it was OK to hit your parents? I didn't care where we were, that girl got a butt spank and was not let near the fountain again. I ordered these things online and I think they are the greatest. I haven't gotten Taylor's ears pierced, they are temporary tattoos! We got flowers, strawberries, skulls, and ladybugs. Isn't that hilarious!! They make me smile every time I see them. Too cute!
We also painted toenails for the first time. Taylor loved it. I didn't try her fingernails yet, I'm not that brave :)


She also had her hair done in full pigtails by our friend Kristin, we laughed all night at how far they stuck out from her head. Girls are so much fun!!

This is usually what happens when Jason or I sit down for a minute. It seems the kids have to swarm you and try to get any attention they can.

Tyson's friend Brandon came over the other day, it was great because he totally distracted Tyson and Taylor from fighting with each other.
They ran around so much and got so tired by the time Brandon went home that we didn't have to scream and fight to get them to bed that night! Thanks, Brandon!!
They are three of the silliest kids you'll ever want to meet!

Tyson woke up this morning with a temperature of 100.6 and has a horrible cough. The rest of us have allergies out the wazoo. I like the spring but it sure is not doing us too many favors this year. I can't wait for the summer when everyone is too hot to get sick!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to tell you things will get better with the "terrible twos".... but they don't- they just get bigger and into more trouble!!! (This is why it is important for them to be cute- especially while sleeping) Riley was so good- until 3 (and baby) and Austin started at 1- good luck..... this is why I make so many trips to Sonic- it is saving my children's lives!!!

    LOVE Tyson's pose on the couch with Jason- who taught him to throw signs?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the earrings - and I'm all for a butt spank when needed. I support you 100%. Hang in there Kellie. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOOO tired of listening to Eli's stuffed up nose from his allergies! But then one side is a tiny bit runny. Its been like that for a month! Tired of it!
    Cute idea for earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor hitting you is not funny! However, I find the visual of her running at you with her fists over her head hilarious! And I love those faux earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those earrings are awesome! Maddie would love it. Where did you find them?
    And I'm so glad you are a Mom who is acutally a Mom not one who just ignores their kids when they need some discipline!
    Thank you so much for thinking of us and sending a birth announcement for your little onw. It was just darling. It's hanging on our fridge!

    ReplyDelete