Monday, April 18, 2011

Our fun weekend

I took the kids this weekend to Bass Pro Shop, they were having free pictures with the Easter Bunny, an egg hunt and mini craft all for free!  Grandma watched Hayden so it was a pretty fun time not having to deal with a stroller.  The kids were not afraid of the Easter Bunny at all, I was so proud!  One little girl was in the middle of a  freak out and Taylor wanted to know what was wrong with her.  She didn't understand some kids are afraid of large bunnies wearing Easter egg vests :)Tyson is totally serious about coloring and tries his hardest to stay in the lines.

 Taylor could care less about lines, with her it's all about the colors.  Her favorite are of course pinkie and purple.
 We had to wait a while for the egg hunt after seeing the Easter bunny, so we roamed around the store.  Tyson asked me on several occasions if all the animals were pretend or real.  I said pretend, I didn't want to deal with nightmares.
 The kids had a blast driving the boats and sitting on all the ATVs.
 Onto the hunt! Tyson found an egg hidden in the animal display.
 Taylor found one in the grill, it was funny to see eggs hidden in all of their merchandise displays.
 The kids loved this lion display and here they are showing off their loot.
 We ordered cookies from Bountiful Baskets and I had bought tons of sprinkles from Target, so on Saturday afternoon we decorated tons of sugar cookies.
 Tyson is an old pro by now.
 Hayden trying to get in on the action.
 I am attempting to tame Hayden's wild hair.  This morning I tried two tiny little pig tails.  I thought they were adorable...
...they lasted two minutes.  Oh well, one day I will stop getting comments on this girl's crazy hair.  One person in Target actually asked me if I had put her finger in a light socket :)

1 comment:

  1. The pig tails are soooo cute! And you are super lucky your kids are not scared of giant bunnies. There are not enough princesses in the world to bribe Sadie to sit next to the Easter Bunny!

    ReplyDelete